At ATS Educational Consulting Services, we specialize in creating new programs, or modifying our existing ones, to fit the needs of communities, school districts and the children and families they serve. Our services - alternative and virtual schools, SES programs, online learning and tutoring - are deeply rooted in these principles:
- All students can learn
- A student's past does not dictate his or her future
- The best citizens are those who have gained a wide variety of experiences
- Teachers and staff members must adapt to each student's individual needs
- A varied instructional approach better serves most students
- Partnerships with family, government, business, church and community organizations create a framework for success
- Communication is the key to understanding
- It is essential that service providers communicate honestly and effectively with staff, students, families, businesses and community organizations
- Technology should be used to bridge the gap between past failure and future success when possible
- A diverse, multicultural staff is better able to instruct a diverse, multicultural student body
- Ongoing evaluation is key to data-driven decision making
ATS Project Success
This program provides supplemental educational services (SES) to students who are struggling academically. Supplemental educational services are additional academic instruction designed to increase the academic achievement of students in schools in the second year of improvement, corrective action, or restructuring. These services, which are in addition to instruction provided during the school day, may include academic assistance such as tutoring, remediation and other supplemental academic enrichment services that are consistent with the content and instruction used by the local educational agency (LEA), and are aligned with the State's academic content and achievement standards. SES is high quality, research-based, and specifically designed to increase student academic achievement. 50,000 students have benefited from our innovative SES math and reading tutoring program since 2003.
Clintondale Virtual School/Credit Recovery
The mission of the Clintondale Virtual School, which specializes in credit recovery, is to prepare today's learners to be tomorrow's leaders. Available 24/7 online to any student that needs to make up for lost credits required for graduation or level advancement, the Clintondale Virtual School makes it possible for students who have struggled in the classroom, or with specific subjects, to acquire the necessary credits.
Clintondale Virtual School also brings 9th to 12th grade students opportunities to improve their abilities in 33-plus disciplines in the categories of sciences, English, math, history and civics, physical education, visual and performing arts, reading and electives such as health, personal finance and life management skills.
The Gallery College of Beauty
The mission of The Gallery College of Beauty is to provide a quality cosmetology arts and sciences education to a group of learners who have the ability to benefit from the program. The Gallery College of Beauty prepares students to pass the state license exam, expanding students' career horizons and instilling professionalism, while encouraging social and classroom related activities, which promote both personal and professional growth, and assist graduates in securing employment.
The Gallery College of Beauty is dedicated to teaching to the highest standards; all instructors are licensed cosmetologists and have additional training to fulfill instructors' licensing credentials. The school's curriculum is kept current by instructors who keep informed of current trends and have extensive experience in the beauty industry.